- Why Your Medicine Cabinet May Be the Most Dangerous Place in Your Home
- Not Your Grandma’s Pot: What Today’s Marijuana is Really Like for Your Teen
- Addiction Doesn’t Happen in my Neighborhood
- At What Age Should I Talk to My Kids about Drugs and Alcohol?
- That’s my Kid in There!
- The Facts on Interventions
- Intervention and Treatment: A Guide to Ethical Practice
- Respectful Adolescent Transports: Principles and Dynamics
- Trauma-Informed Transports: A Healing Approach
- Opiate Addiction Treatment
- Mood Disorder Treatment
- Mental Health Disorder Treatment
- Eating Disorder Treatment
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment
- Substance Abuse Treatment Planning
- Alcohol Addiction Treatment Planning: Paving the Path to Recovery
- Addiction Treatment Planning
Eating Disorder Treatment
Eating disorders are conditions which can severely threaten the health of men, women, and children. Effective eating disorder treatment requires medical and psychological care which addresses the physical, mental, and emotional aspects of the condition.
An Integrated Approach to Eating Disorder Treatment
An integrated approach to treatment helps to ensure lasting recovery by including methodologies such as psychotherapy, counseling, medical monitoring, nutritional care, social support, ongoing support, and family support. Overcoming eating disorders requires patience and care to address the many layers and components of the condition.
Though eating disorders involve many physical symptoms such as loss of weight, dehydration, and other serious symptoms, the disorder often stems from a mental or emotional root. Addressing the cause of the condition on all fronts helps to ensure the individual fully recovers his or her sense of self-worth, confidence, ability to connect with others socially, and physical wellbeing.
Our Eating Disorder Treatment Consultation Process
Eating disorder treatment is a multi-layered process involving medical professionals, counselors, loved ones, and more. Support at every stage is needed to help the individual suffering the eating disorder overcome damaging habits and resist relapsing. When doctors, nurses, families, and therapists come together to support the individual, he or she has a much higher likelihood of success. Every aspect of the condition is addressed so that the individual and his or her loved ones have the tools they need to continually gain greater health and wellbeing.
Heather R. Hayes & Associates helps individuals and families to find effective, integrative care for all forms of eating disorder. We understand the challenges and frustrations of navigating the complex healthcare network to find the right treatment for your loved one. We help you find the best care possible for your unique situation. We only recommend trusted treatment providers who will show our clients respect and compassion at every stage. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.